SCoCP Steel Shoots...
All of these events are for everyone interested in shooting steel and making it go "ding!" While accuracy and firearm proficiency are helpful, you needn't be a marksman to participate, we'll gladly provide you with the guidance to get the most out of these events.
What is a...
"Steel Fun Shoot?"
Above is helmet cam video which gives you a first-person view of what goes on at our "Steel Fun Shoot" events.
- Cost is $1 per round of shooting
"Steel Challenge Practice?"
Shooters familiar with SCSA, mentor those who are not, providing guidance on what to expect from a typical SCSA competition. Shooters who attend regularly, will eventually become familiar with all 8 SCSA courses of fire.
- Cost is $5 per shooter
- 5-Plate Texas Star - 10" plates
- Two 6-plate, Plate Racks - 10" plates
- Two Small Pepper Poppers & One Large Pepper Popper
- Occasionally, various other targets are added to the lineup, including:
- 18"x24" Rectangle Targets
- A Miniature Pepper Popper
- 12" Round Plates
Aside from being able to safely handle your firearm you must be a member or the guest of a member and possess the ability to take instruction from our RSO's and love to shoot. We encourage any member legally able to shoot a firearm in NYS, male and female, young and young at heart, to join us.