The Sportsmen’s Club of Clifton (SCoCP) is an Affiliated Club of the Civilian Marksman Program and conducts CMP Sanctioned Rifle Matches and Clinics throughout the year.
WHAT IS THE CIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM?
The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions.
MILITARY RILE MATCH – SCoCP sponsors a CMP MATCH at least twice a year. Click here for Registration and Information form. For each shoot, there are only 40 shooting positions available, so register early!
CMP Rifle Match Details
Fire Arms: Any rifle with open sights - semi-auto, bolt, lever, or pump action.
Course of Fire - 100 yards - NRA SR1 Target:
- 5 sighting shots – prone – 5 min.
- 20 shots – prone – 20 min.
- 10 shots – standing – 10 min.
- 10 shots – sitting/kneeling – 70 sec.
- 10 shots – prone – 70 sec.
Total = 55 shots. Distance = 100 yds.
PROVIDED BY SHOOTER
- AMMUNITION – At least 55 rounds for each relay – more if you want to shoot additional sighting rounds
- RIFLES – Any caliber – OPEN SIGHTS ONLY. Spotting scopes or binoculars may be used during sighting stage only.
- OTHER EQUIPMENT – Eye and ear protection (required), cap, ground mat, appropriate protective clothing, insect repellant, sun screen, etc.
Contact CMP Committee at email@example.com if you have any questions or wish to volunteer for range setup, safety, scoring, or registration.
Please complete the REGISTRATION FORM below and enclose:
- Non-Refundable, $18/Relay check or money order payable to: SCoCP;
- Self-Addressed, stamped, business-size envelope.
MAIL Registration Form; Range Fee; and Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope to:
Sportsmen's Club of Clifton Park
Att: CMP Match
P.O. Box 392
Clifton Park, NY 12065
Confirmation and range time will be mailed to each registrant. Range time will be assigned first come, first served based on date registration form and range fee is received. Match will be held rain or shine.
The Sportsmen’s Club of Clifton Park (SCoCP) is an official Affiliated Club with the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). Qualified members of SCoCP are entitled to purchase US Government surplus rifles, ammunition and rifle parts through our affiliation with CMP.
SCCP SPONSORED CMP ACTIVITIES
- CMP Sanctioned Military Rifle Matches – Usually held twice annually in the Spring and Fall
- CMP Sanctioned Educational Clinics – Usually held annually.
Benefits of shooting in a CMP Match
- Have fun – The match is non-competitive and is designed to encourage participation by shooters of all levels - beginners to old pros.
- Make friends while developing safe shooting techniques.
- Prizes and awards.
- Receive CMP Marksmanship Qualification Certificate – Required for CMP purchases.
MILITARY RIFLE MAINTENANCE CLINIC – Dates are announced in the newsletter and on this website. COST IS FREE. Pre-registration required. Contact CMP Committee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1911 STYLE - 45 CALIBER PISTOL MAINTENANCE CLINIC – Dates will be announced in the newsletter and on this website. Attendees will be instructed in the complete disassembly, cleaning, lubrication, and reassemble of the 1911 design, autoloader pistol. The Clinic is sponsored by the CMP Committee of SCoCP and is free. Pre-registration required. Contact CMP Committee by email at email@example.com to obtain a list of required materials.